thorasbook

The idea of this blog is to facilitate the love of reading by collecting news about new books, or sometimes good old books. It is also dedicated to stamping out the scourge of e-books, Kindles, Kobo's, i-Pads, and all other such abominations.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Technology!!!

I have loved hearing from all the people who have responded to this site. The design is due to the genius of Howard White who understands how a site can work. Last night, I found the Booker long list but I also found I couldn't find my way to post it. It takes a great deal of courage to tell you how hopelessly illiterate I am when it comes to technology. If my good neighbour, Mark, and my good friend Howie weren't close at hand I would be in deep trouble. I do love this site and eventually I hope to master it. Finding books, that are exceptional, is one of life's greatest highs. Having the opportunity to tell people is very special.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thora,
I just read your wonderful description of Carol's book. You were able to capture the essence of the book so beautifully. It is wonderful that this book has come about and think many people will love to read it and give it to other grandmothers. Look forward to seeing you at the launch.
warmest regards,
Adrianne and Rick

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thora,

As an avid reader, your reviews are a gold mine! I agree with you about technology - it is for me, now, one of those, I can't live with it and I can't live without it, "things." My son is a Mac Genius at one the new Apple Stores in California so I'm lucky to get very personal help when I need it. And sounds like you've some great friends to assist you. Thanks so much for all the effort you are putting into this. Warmest regards. Kathleen

9:04 AM  
Blogger bookmaven said...

Hi Kathleen:

Lovely to hear from you. When your son comes to visit--you have a standing invitation to come for tea.

Thora

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thora,

I just finished reading your review of Carol's book on grand mothers and I can't wait to read the book myself. I did not have a very meaningful relationship with my two grandmothers as they were still raising little children themselves but I try to be a different grandmother to my 7 grand children. I enjoy your blog.
Marjorey Hope

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home